Friday, February 10, 2012

Facebook and the CIA

Now, I'm not yet willing to say that Facebook was a CIA project all along. In spite of this blog's title I do require some convincing before jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon. But, I am looking and the more I look the more interesting information I find.

I found a mainstream news article about "Open Source Officers" and if that reminds you of something out of 1984 you're not alone. These are CIA employees that sit in a government building in an industrial park somewhere in Virginia. They monitor Facebook, Twitter, blogs, chat rooms.... basically anywhere you go to talk, they are looking.

While the article focuses more on this activities in relation to foreign lands and spy-like plots of terrorists etc.... one would have to be mindless and naive to think that such monitoring was off limits within the United States. After all, people are basically giving up their life story online, telling every tiny detail of their lives, including minute-by-minute tracking of your location thanks to new Facebook "features."

Check it out for yourself and make up your own mind. If you're so inclined delete your Facebook page and stop making it easy for them. This little blog is enough for me and I'm sure it raises eyebrows enough if ever it gets on the radar.  What do you think friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment