Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mystery Illness in Uganda...Sure

Anytime I hear about "new" illnesses or "mystery" illnesses I generally think that it's not really new or a mystery, but rather some bio-weapon or experiment. So, when I hear that more than 3,000 children in northern Uganda are under the grips of a debilitating mystery illness, I just don't think it's true at all.

This particular ailment, called nodding disease, is decimating children and ravaging families. It ONLY effects children and always leads to death. It takes a healthy child and turns them into a waster, seizure prone shell that often wastes away, bedridden.

Reports claim that officials are searching for the cause of this illness. They have looked for parasites, river-born illnesses and have turned up nothing. I don't buy it, because this is a new phenomena and we're expected to believe that these people lived in this area for how many generations with no problems like this until now?

I'd love to know if there were any UN activity, World Health Organization actions or vaccinations programs, etc... I find it too hard to believe that these poor people are suffering from anything natural. If any of you have additional information please send it our way.

Read the full story here.




No comments:

Post a Comment