Friday, May 3, 2013

Stupid Humans - We're not even making this hard for them

During the course of my regular work I have access to see hundreds and hundreds of people's stream of information through social media. People volunteer their information en masse and consider it entertainment. Recently I saw this post and I grabbed it and saved it as "stupid humans."

You know how every damn store in the universe wants to have their own special "savings card" where you give them your address, phone number, email address and various other pieces of information and they throw you a few cents off on the junk they sell. It is obnoxious, it's an invasion of privacy and we fall for it because the bastards inflate the prices of their wares so much most of us are barely eating.

Bragging about trading in all your personal data
for some savings on an overpriced product?
So, here I see a post with this image and what I am sure they thought sounded like a funny little blurb. This genius is bragging about saving on fuel by trading in every bit of personal information they have.

I know the fuel saver program they are talking about and they want your real name, address, email address, phone number, how many times a week you shop with them, how may miles you drive a week and a few other things....

They act like I'm insane when I repeatedly say, "No, I dont want to have your card."  I'm so very tired of these programs, of cashiers asking for your zip codes and other information.

Wake up friends, it's none of their damn business so let's all agree to stop giving them everything they want with no fight at all! Seriously, it is the small infringes that people put up with that pave the path for the larger ones. Things like this creates a mind set that slowly starts to accept that it's OKAY for companies and government, the biggest company of all, to build huge files with our data.

Stupid humans indeed. Let's just tell them no and see how quickly the smiles turn into anger and force. In fact, tell some of these people no and see how short they get with you as you check out.. and that comes from a minimum salary worker scanning bar codes for a living.


No comments:

Post a Comment